Narnaund residents block Hansi-Chandigarh road
Hisar: The residents of Narnaund town here blocked the vehicular traffic on Hansi-Chandigarh road, demanding action against those officials whose alleged negligence led to electrocution of two youths in Jind district recently.
The traffic on the road was blocked last evening for about two hours as the residents were demanding action against the guilty for the electrocution of two youths, Lalit (22) of Narnaund and Charan Singh (23), a resident of Ramrai village in Jind district.
Both the youths had died on June 25 while working on live wire of the power corporation.
The Narnaund residents placed the bodies of the deceased on the road and demanded strict action against the guilty.
Sub Divisional Magistrate, Hansi, Narender Pal and Deputy Superintendent of Police SS Chahal, who reached the spot yesterday, assured the protesters that their demands will be forwarded to the government, after which the protesters cleared the road blockade.
According to officials of the power corporation both the victims were working on the live supply power line without permission and were attending to their personal work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth