NCW to probe case of suicide by former airhostess
New Delhi: The National Commission for Women (NCW) will probe the case of suicide by a former airhostess following alleged harassment by a Haryana Minister, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath said on Sunday.
"We will send the case to NCW to give us report. Based on that action will be taken. I will also write to Haryana Chief Minister," Tirath said.
23-year-old Geetika Sharma, employee of now defunct MDLR airline, allegedly committed suicide at her residence here.
In her suicide note, she blamed Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, who was the owner of the airline, for her taking the extreme step.
A case of abetment to suicide has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog