NCW to probe case of suicide by former airhostess
New Delhi: The National Commission for Women (NCW) will probe the case of suicide by a former airhostess following alleged harassment by a Haryana Minister, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath said on Sunday.
"We will send the case to NCW to give us report. Based on that action will be taken. I will also write to Haryana Chief Minister," Tirath said.
23-year-old Geetika Sharma, employee of now defunct MDLR airline, allegedly committed suicide at her residence here.
In her suicide note, she blamed Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, who was the owner of the airline, for her taking the extreme step.
A case of abetment to suicide has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!