Negligence at Hooda’s wife`s prog: 2 employees suspended
Rohtak: Two employees of the Haryana Information and Public Relations Department were on Saturday placed under suspension with immediate effect for `negligence of duty` during Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s wife Asha Hooda`s programme.
Asha Hooda, who is Vice Chairperson of Haryana State Council for Children Welfare, was the chief guest at the launching of a sanitation drive function by the Municipal Corporation Rohtak (MCR) here on Friday.
The duty of installing the public address system at the function was assigned to the Rohtak DIPR Officer (DIPRO). Though Asha Hooda, MLA Shakuntla Khatak and Rohtak Deputy Commissioner (DC) Vikas Gupta reached the venue on time, neither the PA system was available nor employees from the PR office arrived there.
Consequently, the organisers could not provide the address system when the chief guest came forward to address the gathering.
Talking to a news agency, Gupta said he had sent a complaint to the Haryana Director General, Information and Public Relations (DGIPR) about the two local PR employees failing to install the PA system at the venue and not turning up on time at Asha Hooda`s programme.
On the complaint, the DGIPR issued orders for immediate suspension of the two employees - Jagdish Chander Chawla and Dharmpal- posted at the technical branch of the local public relations office.
The department has also sought a reply from the District Information and Public Relation Officer (DIPRO) Rohtak in this regard, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'