New-born girl found abandoned near dustbin
Gurgaon: A four-day-old girl child was found abandoned near a dustbin in Udyog Vihar here by a three wheeler driver on Wednesday.
The baby’s cries attracted his attention as he was passing by the road. He halted and informed the police about the child.
The police reached the spot and took the custody of the child who was wrapped in a poly-bag and handed it over to the civil hospital.
Principal Medical Officer Dr Asruddin said the baby is a premature delivery and is under weight (1.2 kg).
She might have some infection in the lungs and that is why she has been kept in the neo-natal intensive care unit, he added.
Police have lodged an FIR against an unnamed couple and started searching for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley