New policy for constructing houses for BPL categor
Bhiwani: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday announced a new policy for construction of houses for Below Poverty Line families.
The chief minister said under the new policy, 50 per cent plots of Economically Weaker Sections of the society of 50 square metre size belonging to private colonizers in licenced areas would be transferred to the Haryana Housing Board at a subsidised rate of Rs 500 per square yard for the scheme.
The chief minister announced this at a public gathering after inaugurating newly built Housing Board Colony here.
He said possession of 4,493 plots had been taken over by the Housing Board of Haryana for building three storied houses.
A total of 11,235 homes costing Rs 500 crore were being constructed by Housing Board in various cities and towns of the state, Hooda said.
As many as 494 double storied houses of different categories had been built in this colony which included 146 Lower Income Group (LIG), 206 Medium Income Group (MIG) and 140 High Income Group (HIG) houses.
Hooda said out of the total number of houses being constructed at Yamuna Nagar, Karnal, Narwana, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Jind, Fatehabad, Ratia, Hansi, Bahadurgarh, Sirsa, Sonepat, Gurgaon, Narnaul, Rewari, Faridabad, Palwal and Bawal, 6,524 houses would be allotted to BPL families, 1,500 to economically weaker sections, 90 houses to low income group and 90 to medium income group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information