New policy for constructing houses for BPL categor
Bhiwani: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday announced a new policy for construction of houses for Below Poverty Line families.
The chief minister said under the new policy, 50 per cent plots of Economically Weaker Sections of the society of 50 square metre size belonging to private colonizers in licenced areas would be transferred to the Haryana Housing Board at a subsidised rate of Rs 500 per square yard for the scheme.
The chief minister announced this at a public gathering after inaugurating newly built Housing Board Colony here.
He said possession of 4,493 plots had been taken over by the Housing Board of Haryana for building three storied houses.
A total of 11,235 homes costing Rs 500 crore were being constructed by Housing Board in various cities and towns of the state, Hooda said.
As many as 494 double storied houses of different categories had been built in this colony which included 146 Lower Income Group (LIG), 206 Medium Income Group (MIG) and 140 High Income Group (HIG) houses.
Hooda said out of the total number of houses being constructed at Yamuna Nagar, Karnal, Narwana, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Jind, Fatehabad, Ratia, Hansi, Bahadurgarh, Sirsa, Sonepat, Gurgaon, Narnaul, Rewari, Faridabad, Palwal and Bawal, 6,524 houses would be allotted to BPL families, 1,500 to economically weaker sections, 90 houses to low income group and 90 to medium income group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16