Newly married woman commits suicide in Rewari
Rewari: Suspecting her husband of
having an extra-marital affair, a newly married woman
allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her parental
house at Kosli, 30 kms from here, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when the victim,
identified as Nisha Yadav committed suicide, they said.
Acting on a complaint lodged by Nisha`s father, Virender
Singh Yadav, a case of abetment to suicide has been registered
against her husband Praveen Yadav, a resident of Vasant Kunj
colony in Delhi.
According to the complaint, Nisha, who got married on
April 15, 2011, recently came to know that her husband was
having extra marital relations with another girl and brought
the matter to the notice of her parents, police said.
Consequently when Nisha`s parents made efforts to bring
her husband "on the right track", he allegedly started
subjecting Nisha to cruel treatment, they said.
Her father alleged that fed up with the attitude of her
husband, a dejected Nisha returned to Kosli and took the
extreme step out of frustration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?