Newly married woman commits suicide in Rewari
Rewari: Suspecting her husband of
having an extra-marital affair, a newly married woman
allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her parental
house at Kosli, 30 kms from here, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when the victim,
identified as Nisha Yadav committed suicide, they said.
Acting on a complaint lodged by Nisha`s father, Virender
Singh Yadav, a case of abetment to suicide has been registered
against her husband Praveen Yadav, a resident of Vasant Kunj
colony in Delhi.
According to the complaint, Nisha, who got married on
April 15, 2011, recently came to know that her husband was
having extra marital relations with another girl and brought
the matter to the notice of her parents, police said.
Consequently when Nisha`s parents made efforts to bring
her husband "on the right track", he allegedly started
subjecting Nisha to cruel treatment, they said.
Her father alleged that fed up with the attitude of her
husband, a dejected Nisha returned to Kosli and took the
extreme step out of frustration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand