Newly married woman commits suicide in Rewari
Rewari: Suspecting her husband of
having an extra-marital affair, a newly married woman
allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her parental
house at Kosli, 30 kms from here, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when the victim,
identified as Nisha Yadav committed suicide, they said.
Acting on a complaint lodged by Nisha`s father, Virender
Singh Yadav, a case of abetment to suicide has been registered
against her husband Praveen Yadav, a resident of Vasant Kunj
colony in Delhi.
According to the complaint, Nisha, who got married on
April 15, 2011, recently came to know that her husband was
having extra marital relations with another girl and brought
the matter to the notice of her parents, police said.
Consequently when Nisha`s parents made efforts to bring
her husband "on the right track", he allegedly started
subjecting Nisha to cruel treatment, they said.
Her father alleged that fed up with the attitude of her
husband, a dejected Nisha returned to Kosli and took the
extreme step out of frustration.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference