Newly married woman commits suicide in Rewari
Rewari: Suspecting her husband of
having an extra-marital affair, a newly married woman
allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her parental
house at Kosli, 30 kms from here, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when the victim,
identified as Nisha Yadav committed suicide, they said.
Acting on a complaint lodged by Nisha`s father, Virender
Singh Yadav, a case of abetment to suicide has been registered
against her husband Praveen Yadav, a resident of Vasant Kunj
colony in Delhi.
According to the complaint, Nisha, who got married on
April 15, 2011, recently came to know that her husband was
having extra marital relations with another girl and brought
the matter to the notice of her parents, police said.
Consequently when Nisha`s parents made efforts to bring
her husband "on the right track", he allegedly started
subjecting Nisha to cruel treatment, they said.
Her father alleged that fed up with the attitude of her
husband, a dejected Nisha returned to Kosli and took the
extreme step out of frustration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured