Newly married woman commits suicide
Jind: A newly-wed women allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself in Khedi Masania village here over dowry demand, police said on Saturday.
On the complaint made by the victim`s parents, a case has been registered against her husband and three in-laws, they said.
20-year-old Kavita was married to Suresh about six months back, and her body was spotted hanging in her room yesterday, police said.
Samudra, the victim`s father, alleged that her in-laws frequently harassed her over dowry demand.
After post mortem, the body was handed over to her parents, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'