Newly married woman commits suicide
Jind: A newly-wed women allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself in Khedi Masania village here over dowry demand, police said on Saturday.
On the complaint made by the victim`s parents, a case has been registered against her husband and three in-laws, they said.
20-year-old Kavita was married to Suresh about six months back, and her body was spotted hanging in her room yesterday, police said.
Samudra, the victim`s father, alleged that her in-laws frequently harassed her over dowry demand.
After post mortem, the body was handed over to her parents, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan