Newly married woman commits suicide
Jind: A newly-wed women allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself in Khedi Masania village here over dowry demand, police said on Saturday.
On the complaint made by the victim`s parents, a case has been registered against her husband and three in-laws, they said.
20-year-old Kavita was married to Suresh about six months back, and her body was spotted hanging in her room yesterday, police said.
Samudra, the victim`s father, alleged that her in-laws frequently harassed her over dowry demand.
After post mortem, the body was handed over to her parents, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites