NHRC seeks explanation for minor`s death in manhole
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission has taken cognizance of a media report that a three-year-old girl died after she fell into an open manhole of a sewer pipeline in Saraswati Vihar, Sonepat, Haryana last week.
The Commission has observed that the contents of the press report, if true, raised a serious issue of violation of human rights of the child and issued notice to the District Magistrate, Sonepat calling for report in the matter within four weeks.
The girl had gone out of her house around 6:30 p.m. on March 20 but did not return. After around two hours of search, she was found in the manhole. She was taken to the Civil Hospital where the doctor declared her brought dead. The news clipping was forwarded by a human rights activist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users