NHRC seeks explanation for minor`s death in manhole
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission has taken cognizance of a media report that a three-year-old girl died after she fell into an open manhole of a sewer pipeline in Saraswati Vihar, Sonepat, Haryana last week.
The Commission has observed that the contents of the press report, if true, raised a serious issue of violation of human rights of the child and issued notice to the District Magistrate, Sonepat calling for report in the matter within four weeks.
The girl had gone out of her house around 6:30 p.m. on March 20 but did not return. After around two hours of search, she was found in the manhole. She was taken to the Civil Hospital where the doctor declared her brought dead. The news clipping was forwarded by a human rights activist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs
- 48 hours on, Indian Air Force's AN 32 still untraceable; families of missing officials pray for good news