No Anna effect in Hisar poll, says Babbar
Ghaziabad: Congress MP Raj Babbar has
dismissed suggestions that Team Anna played any role in the
party`s defeat in Hisar Lok Sabha by-election.
"It was a normal election. There was no shadow of Anna
effect neither in favour of any party nor against Congress,"
Babbar said here yesterday.
Seeking to take credit over the verdict in Hisar where
Team Anna campaigned vigorously against the ruling party,
anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare had said, "Congress should
take cue after its defeat in Hisar bypoll and pass Jan Lokpal
Bill in Winter Session."
HJC-BJP combine nominee Kuldeep Bishnoi had won the
Hisar Lok Sabha by-election in Haryana, where Congress was
pushed to a far third position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city