No Anna effect in Hisar poll, says Babbar
Ghaziabad: Congress MP Raj Babbar has
dismissed suggestions that Team Anna played any role in the
party`s defeat in Hisar Lok Sabha by-election.
"It was a normal election. There was no shadow of Anna
effect neither in favour of any party nor against Congress,"
Babbar said here yesterday.
Seeking to take credit over the verdict in Hisar where
Team Anna campaigned vigorously against the ruling party,
anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare had said, "Congress should
take cue after its defeat in Hisar bypoll and pass Jan Lokpal
Bill in Winter Session."
HJC-BJP combine nominee Kuldeep Bishnoi had won the
Hisar Lok Sabha by-election in Haryana, where Congress was
pushed to a far third position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...