No Anna effect in Hisar poll, says Babbar
Ghaziabad: Congress MP Raj Babbar has
dismissed suggestions that Team Anna played any role in the
party`s defeat in Hisar Lok Sabha by-election.
"It was a normal election. There was no shadow of Anna
effect neither in favour of any party nor against Congress,"
Babbar said here yesterday.
Seeking to take credit over the verdict in Hisar where
Team Anna campaigned vigorously against the ruling party,
anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare had said, "Congress should
take cue after its defeat in Hisar bypoll and pass Jan Lokpal
Bill in Winter Session."
HJC-BJP combine nominee Kuldeep Bishnoi had won the
Hisar Lok Sabha by-election in Haryana, where Congress was
pushed to a far third position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit
- Struggles never end in life, says Quantico star Priyanka Chopra
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!