No Anna effect in Hisar poll, says Babbar
Ghaziabad: Congress MP Raj Babbar has
dismissed suggestions that Team Anna played any role in the
party`s defeat in Hisar Lok Sabha by-election.
"It was a normal election. There was no shadow of Anna
effect neither in favour of any party nor against Congress,"
Babbar said here yesterday.
Seeking to take credit over the verdict in Hisar where
Team Anna campaigned vigorously against the ruling party,
anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare had said, "Congress should
take cue after its defeat in Hisar bypoll and pass Jan Lokpal
Bill in Winter Session."
HJC-BJP combine nominee Kuldeep Bishnoi had won the
Hisar Lok Sabha by-election in Haryana, where Congress was
pushed to a far third position.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed