No Anna effect in Hisar poll, says Babbar
Ghaziabad: Congress MP Raj Babbar has
dismissed suggestions that Team Anna played any role in the
party`s defeat in Hisar Lok Sabha by-election.
"It was a normal election. There was no shadow of Anna
effect neither in favour of any party nor against Congress,"
Babbar said here yesterday.
Seeking to take credit over the verdict in Hisar where
Team Anna campaigned vigorously against the ruling party,
anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare had said, "Congress should
take cue after its defeat in Hisar bypoll and pass Jan Lokpal
Bill in Winter Session."
HJC-BJP combine nominee Kuldeep Bishnoi had won the
Hisar Lok Sabha by-election in Haryana, where Congress was
pushed to a far third position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Terror motive suspected in Australia stabbing attack
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC