No arrest in suspected honour killing: Haryana Police
Bhiwani (Haryana): Police Monday said they
were yet to make any arrest in a suspected honour killing of
two teenaged lovers and said it appeared they were killed and
then hanged to give an impression of suicide to misguide the
Bodies of Monika (18) and Rinku (19) were found hanging
from a ceiling fan in the house of the girl`s uncle at
Nimrriwali village, about 7 km from Bhiwani.
Police have registered a murder case against six persons
including the girl`s parents. However, no arrest had been made
"We are awaiting the post-mortem examination report,"
Superintendent of Police Ashwin Shainvi said today.
"We cannot rule out the possibility of honour killing but
it is too early to reach to any conclusion. Bodies were found
from the house of Monika`s uncle. It seems that the couple was
killed and then hanged to give an impression of suicide to
misguide the police," he said.
Ashwin said preliminary investigation revealed that the
boy and the girl were in love for many months and planning to
marry but their parents were against the alliance.
Six people who were booked in this case also included
Monika`s two brothers, uncle and aunt.
"We are keeping a close watch on the people, who are
booked in this case, so that they do not run away from the
village," he said.
Ashwin said the boy belonged to `Dalal` gotra (sub caste)
while the girl was from `Boora`.
Though the couple belonged to separate gotras, the boy`s
mother hailed from the girl`s village and this factor,
according to the village tradition, makes the relation between
them as that of brother-sister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Strike of auto and taxi unions against app-based cab services in Delhi ends
- Bihar flood toll rises to 22; 17 lakh people in 10 districts affected
- VIDEO! History-maker Kusal Mendis hits six to complete his century against Australia
- ISRO rocket launch postponed in wake of missing IAF aircraft search!
- What a talent! 'Kar chale hum fida' patriotic song by this street singer will give you goosebumps - WATCH