No arrest in village headman killing
Gurgaon: A day after assailants shot dead a village headman and one of the attackers was burnt to death by villagers here in Haryana, police are yet to make any arrest.
"We are trying to ascertain the identities of the attacker. So far we have not arrested or detained anybody," Gurgaon Joint Commissioner of Police Alok Mittal told a news agency.
The incident took place in Hayatpur village near Manesar Thursday when three to four other men, led by main accused Rakesh, attacked and fired at the village headman, also a Rakesh.
The victims was chased and shot dead.
Villagers caught one of the gunmen, beat him, poured petrol on him and set him on fire.
Amid allegations that police did not prevent the cold-blooded retaliation, Mittal said if any policeman was found negligent, then action would be taken against him.
Mittal said the killing followed a water dispute between two groups.
The Haryana Police have announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for information leading to the arrest of the main accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill