No farm land acquired for Rajiv Gandhi Trust: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday termed as "height
of fertile imagination" the controversy surrounding land-lease
in Gurgaon to Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust and accused the
Opposition of putting public interest behind political gains
in making an issue out of nothing.
"There are political parties as well as persons who are
tilting the windmills at non-existent facts. These are heights
of fertile imagination. This is a campaign based on
misinformation and disinformation.
"No farmer land has been acquired for the trust.
Therefore, there is no question of the deacquisition of land
exemption for the trust. The trust was given the land
belonging to a Gram Sabha merely on lease for running the
hospital and carrying out charitable work," party spokesperson
Abhishek Singhvi told reporters here.
Singhvi`s reaction came on a day, when stepping up its
attack on the ruling party, BJP demanded the resignation of
Haryana Chief Minister M Bhupinder Singh Hooda for "illegal"
denotification and lease of land to the trust.
BJP chief Nitin Gadkari said, "All laws were set aside
by the Hooda government to give this land worth Rs 50 crore on
lease to the Gandhi family. The land was denotified before it
was leased to Sonia Gandhi, Rahul and daughter Priyanka. Why
this double standards of the Gandhi family?"
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and
Priyanka Vadhra are trustees of the charitable body.
"If Yeddyurappa had to resign due to denotification of
a land, the Hooda government should also resign for
denotifying this property," Gadkari said.
Dismissing such parallels, Singhvi urged for looking at
the issue with a sense of balance and criticised the media for
reporting on the issue "without checking the facts".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?