No land for N-power plant, say farmers of Haryana village
Fatehabad: Farmers of village
Gorakhpur today staged a sit-in in protest against the
proposed acquisition of their land for setting up a nuclear
Opposing the move of the state government for acquiring
the land, the farmers said they would not sell land at any
cost for setting up the plant here.
"Our subsistence depends on our land and we will not sell
it at any cost," said Hans Raj, President of Sangharsh
Committee which he claims constitutes about 70 per cent of the
farmers whose land would be acquired for the project.
Farmers demanded that the government select another plot
of barren land for setting up the nuclear plant.
Raj said the farmers would continue the dharna till
their demands are met.
Opposition parties INLD and Haryana Janahit Congress have
extended support to agitating farmers. INLD Block President
Surinder and HUJ District President Nihal Singh met the
farmers and backed them.
The state government had issued a notice under Land
Acquistion Act for acquiring the 1313 acres of land in
State-owned Nuclear Power Corporation of India plans to
set up the power plant of 2400MW capacity.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Tibet govt-in-exile in Dharamsala unpopular among Tibetans: China
- Turkey to abolish visas for EU states including Cyprus under migrant deal
- Ravi Rampaul reveals shocking reason for not being picked in West Indian team
- IPL 2016, Match 31: GL vs DD - As it happened...
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status