No laxity in Jind, Hisar gang rape cases: Hooda
Chandigarh: Toughening his stand against recent gang rape cases in Jind and Hisar districts of Haryana, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday said there would be no laxity in dealing with these cases and the guilty would be brought to book.
"There will be no laxity in untoward criminal cases in the state...Action will be taken against criminals...No accused will be spared and under no circumstances will be given any patronage," he told reporters here.
Hooda rejected assertions that certain criminals go scot-free as they belong to the community which he represents.
"I am proud to be a Jat, but at the same time I do not ascribe to the ideology of casteism...I have responsibility towards the society as chief minister," he said.
He clarified that police had been taking prompt action against criminals especially in Hisar and Jind rape cases.
"A criminal is a criminal...Whosoever is involved in these crimes will not be spared...Law will take its on course in these cases," he said.
Two recent incidents of gang rape in Dabra village of Hisar and Pillulhera town in Jind district of Haryana have caused a public outcry.
Nine accused have been arrested in the Hisar case, whereas two are in police custody in connection with the Jind case.
Hooda welcomed FDI in retail saying it will be producer and consumer friendly.
He castigated certain political outfits for opposing FDI saying these parties have promised to bring FDI in retail in their election manifestos.
Listing overall development strides taken place in his state, Hooda said investments to the tune of Rs 97,000 crore are in the pipeline in Haryana.
On the issue of separate Gurudwara managing committee for Sikh shrines in Haryana, he said the SGPC was a legally constituted body and the state government is taking legal opinion to split it (making separate Gurudwara committee in Haryana).
Hooda reiterated his stand on state`s share in river waters and its claim on Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?