No person from Haryana among abducted Indians in Iraq: Chief Secretary
Chandigarh: The Haryana government on Monday said no person from the state is among the 40 Indians who have been held captive in Mosul city of Iraq by militants.
Chief Secretary S C Choudhary said the state government has so far got information about 177 persons from the state who are stranded in strife-torn nation.
"No person hailing from Haryana is among the 40 Indian hostages in Iraq," he told reporters here.
Six Haryana residents have contacted the control room set up by the state government here, the Chief Secretary said.
"The state government is in constant touch with the External Affairs ministry for safe return of the people hailing from Haryana," he said.
Majority of those stuck in Iraq hail from Yamunanagar, Kurukshetra, Karnal and Ambala districts.
The state government has set up a control room with telephone number 0172-5059197 where people can provide information regarding members of their family or relatives stranded in Iraq so that necessary steps can be taken for their safe evacuation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama
- Check Mahresults.nic.in & hscresult.mkcl.org for class 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE today at 1 PM