No political angle to violence at Maruti plant: Hooda
Chandigarh: There is no political angle to the violence that erupted at car maker Maruti`s Manesar plant in Haryana yesterday, state Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Thursday.
Maruti Suzuki`s General Manager, Human Resources, was charred to death in the violence, allegedly triggered by workers. 100 others were also injured in the clash.
"(There is) no political angle (behind the Maruti incident)," Hooda told reporters here when asked whether there was any political hand as Manesar factory had witnessed unrest in the past as well.
Terming the violence as "unfortunate", he said around 100 persons have been arrested so far. "Appropriate action will be taken against them... FIR have been lodged and nobody would be allowed to take law in his hand," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says