No political angle to violence at Maruti plant: Hooda
Chandigarh: There is no political angle to the violence that erupted at car maker Maruti`s Manesar plant in Haryana yesterday, state Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Thursday.
Maruti Suzuki`s General Manager, Human Resources, was charred to death in the violence, allegedly triggered by workers. 100 others were also injured in the clash.
"(There is) no political angle (behind the Maruti incident)," Hooda told reporters here when asked whether there was any political hand as Manesar factory had witnessed unrest in the past as well.
Terming the violence as "unfortunate", he said around 100 persons have been arrested so far. "Appropriate action will be taken against them... FIR have been lodged and nobody would be allowed to take law in his hand," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you