No political angle to violence at Maruti plant: Hooda
Chandigarh: There is no political angle to the violence that erupted at car maker Maruti`s Manesar plant in Haryana yesterday, state Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Thursday.
Maruti Suzuki`s General Manager, Human Resources, was charred to death in the violence, allegedly triggered by workers. 100 others were also injured in the clash.
"(There is) no political angle (behind the Maruti incident)," Hooda told reporters here when asked whether there was any political hand as Manesar factory had witnessed unrest in the past as well.
Terming the violence as "unfortunate", he said around 100 persons have been arrested so far. "Appropriate action will be taken against them... FIR have been lodged and nobody would be allowed to take law in his hand," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?