No political angle to violence at Maruti plant: Hooda
Chandigarh: There is no political angle to the violence that erupted at car maker Maruti`s Manesar plant in Haryana yesterday, state Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Thursday.
Maruti Suzuki`s General Manager, Human Resources, was charred to death in the violence, allegedly triggered by workers. 100 others were also injured in the clash.
"(There is) no political angle (behind the Maruti incident)," Hooda told reporters here when asked whether there was any political hand as Manesar factory had witnessed unrest in the past as well.
Terming the violence as "unfortunate", he said around 100 persons have been arrested so far. "Appropriate action will be taken against them... FIR have been lodged and nobody would be allowed to take law in his hand," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened