Nobody will be spared, says Hooda on sexual abuse
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday vowed strict action against those involved in the sexual abuse and torture of inmates at a shelter home in his state, saying none of the culprits will be spared.
"An SIT has been constituted. No one involved in it will be spared," he told reporters here after a meeting with Home Minister P Chidambaram.
Hooda was responding questions on the action taken against those involved in the sexual abuse and torture of inmates in Rohtak`s `Apna Ghar` shelter home.
The Chief Minister, who met the Home Minister, led a delegation of Jat leaders from Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi to press for the demand of inclusion of Jat community in the OBC reservation list of the Central government.
Hooda said Chidambaram assured them that the central government would do the needful on their demand soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof