Nobody will be spared, says Hooda on sexual abuse
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday vowed strict action against those involved in the sexual abuse and torture of inmates at a shelter home in his state, saying none of the culprits will be spared.
"An SIT has been constituted. No one involved in it will be spared," he told reporters here after a meeting with Home Minister P Chidambaram.
Hooda was responding questions on the action taken against those involved in the sexual abuse and torture of inmates in Rohtak`s `Apna Ghar` shelter home.
The Chief Minister, who met the Home Minister, led a delegation of Jat leaders from Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi to press for the demand of inclusion of Jat community in the OBC reservation list of the Central government.
Hooda said Chidambaram assured them that the central government would do the needful on their demand soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest