Non-compliance of order on Aravalli: NGT seeks Centre`s reply
New Delhi: The National Green Tribunal has sought responses of the Centre and Haryana government on a plea, alleging non-compliance of its order and directions regarding non-forest activity in the Aravalli hills region of the state.
A bench headed by NGT chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar issued notices to the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Haryana Government, its Forest Department and Pollution Control Board, as well as the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon, the Sikanderpur Marble Market Association and the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam, seeking their replies by October 07.
The order came on the application of Gurgaon resident Devendra Kumar, who has alleged "failure on the part of the government and its departments to comply with the decision of the tribunal".
The application, filed through advocate Rahul Choudhary, contends that "action and inaction of respondents calls for strict action and imposing of huge penalty for non-compliance of orders and directions of the tribunal".
Devendra Kumar in his plea has alleged non-compliance of the NGT`s March 14, 2013 order wherein the bench had directed that no structures or any other activity in violation of the state`s May 7, 1992, notification, is permitted in the area, except in accordance with law and that no damage is caused to the forest area of the Aravalli hill range.
The tribunal had also directed demolition of all sheds of temporary or permanent nature and that no debris be thrown in the area and the rubble already present there be removed by those who had dumped it.
The NGT had also denied permission to construct any roads in the area which is covered under the notification. Cutting any tree or bush from the area in question was also prohibited by the bench.
The application alleges that despite lapse of five months since the tribunal`s order, directions of the bench have not been implemented in "letter and spirit".
The applicant has contended that all the activities, which are causing environmental degradation and are prohibited by the 1992 notification, "have been allowed by the state government in total disregard to the restrictions imposed".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27