Now Dharambir raises banner of revolt in Haryana Congress; quits as CPS
Chandigarh: In another revolt inside the ruling Congress in Haryana, four-time MLA Dharambir Singh on Sunday announced his decision to quit from the post of Chief Parliamentary Secretary in the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government, after being denied party ticket.
Dharambir has been sulking over Congress` decision to re-nominate state Cabinet minister Kiran Chaudhry`s daughter Shruti from Bhiwani-Mahendergarh Lok Sabha constituency, sources said.
He had earlier made it clear that he wanted to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections from the seat. Dharambir is representing Sohna seat, which is a part of the Bhiwani-Mahendergarh parliamentary constituency.
Addressing a rally at Bhiwani, Dharambir announced his decision to resign as CPS though he did not mention about his status in the party.
"I know you have been waiting to hear this. I resign and give up my post...," he told the gathering.
Dharambir, MLA from Sohna constituency, became the third senior Haryana Congress leader after Rao Inderjit Singh and Venod Sharma who had raised a banner of revolt.
Rao Inderjit Singh, who was MP from Gurgaon, quit the Congress recently to join the BJP while former Union minister and Ambala MLA Venod Sharma is exploring his options after quitting the party on March 5.
Launching a scathing attack on his own government, Dharambir alleged that Congress was not functioning in a democratic manner.
"The party tickets are alloted by Delhi (party high command), but the candidates are decided by a few people and not common masses. Thus it is not the people`s candidates who get tickets, but few chosen ones are thrust upon the people. This is not democracy," he said.
He also slammed his government for a number of scams including 2G, Coalgate, Railgate etc and alleged that the "lopsided policies" were not helping the common man.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!