NRI woman raped by brother in Haryana
Rohtak: In a shocker from Haryana, a 32-year-old NRI woman was allegedly raped by her brother in Sector-2 area of the city.
In her complaint, the victim said she had recently come to Rohtak from Italy on vacations.
On Friday night, while she was alone in her house, her brother came and raped her, she alleged in complaint.
The woman also alleged that after committing the crime, he forcibly fed her some poisonous substance.
Later, the victim found herself lying on the road near Medical turn here, police said, adding that after gaining consciousness in mid-night she called her friend.
The woman was admitted to the PGIMS here, police said.
"We have booked the accused on charges of rape and causing hurt by poison after recording statement of the victim today," said DSP (city) Virender Singh, adding that further action will be taken after getting the report of medical examination.
"The victim is undergoing treatment at PGIMS since last night and her condition is stable. Her medical examination will be got done this evening," the DSP said.
Notably, the local police had yesterday arrested a man for allegedly raping his 14-year-old step-daughter for over one year at his house in Sheetal Nagar under Shivaji Colony police station here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption