NRI woman raped by brother in Haryana
Rohtak: In a shocker from Haryana, a 32-year-old NRI woman was allegedly raped by her brother in Sector-2 area of the city.
In her complaint, the victim said she had recently come to Rohtak from Italy on vacations.
On Friday night, while she was alone in her house, her brother came and raped her, she alleged in complaint.
The woman also alleged that after committing the crime, he forcibly fed her some poisonous substance.
Later, the victim found herself lying on the road near Medical turn here, police said, adding that after gaining consciousness in mid-night she called her friend.
The woman was admitted to the PGIMS here, police said.
"We have booked the accused on charges of rape and causing hurt by poison after recording statement of the victim today," said DSP (city) Virender Singh, adding that further action will be taken after getting the report of medical examination.
"The victim is undergoing treatment at PGIMS since last night and her condition is stable. Her medical examination will be got done this evening," the DSP said.
Notably, the local police had yesterday arrested a man for allegedly raping his 14-year-old step-daughter for over one year at his house in Sheetal Nagar under Shivaji Colony police station here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security
- After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, forest fire now rages in J&K
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan