NRI woman raped by brother in Haryana
Rohtak: In a shocker from Haryana, a 32-year-old NRI woman was allegedly raped by her brother in Sector-2 area of the city.
In her complaint, the victim said she had recently come to Rohtak from Italy on vacations.
On Friday night, while she was alone in her house, her brother came and raped her, she alleged in complaint.
The woman also alleged that after committing the crime, he forcibly fed her some poisonous substance.
Later, the victim found herself lying on the road near Medical turn here, police said, adding that after gaining consciousness in mid-night she called her friend.
The woman was admitted to the PGIMS here, police said.
"We have booked the accused on charges of rape and causing hurt by poison after recording statement of the victim today," said DSP (city) Virender Singh, adding that further action will be taken after getting the report of medical examination.
"The victim is undergoing treatment at PGIMS since last night and her condition is stable. Her medical examination will be got done this evening," the DSP said.
Notably, the local police had yesterday arrested a man for allegedly raping his 14-year-old step-daughter for over one year at his house in Sheetal Nagar under Shivaji Colony police station here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university