NRI woman raped by brother in Haryana
Rohtak: In a shocker from Haryana, a 32-year-old NRI woman was allegedly raped by her brother in Sector-2 area of the city.
In her complaint, the victim said she had recently come to Rohtak from Italy on vacations.
On Friday night, while she was alone in her house, her brother came and raped her, she alleged in complaint.
The woman also alleged that after committing the crime, he forcibly fed her some poisonous substance.
Later, the victim found herself lying on the road near Medical turn here, police said, adding that after gaining consciousness in mid-night she called her friend.
The woman was admitted to the PGIMS here, police said.
"We have booked the accused on charges of rape and causing hurt by poison after recording statement of the victim today," said DSP (city) Virender Singh, adding that further action will be taken after getting the report of medical examination.
"The victim is undergoing treatment at PGIMS since last night and her condition is stable. Her medical examination will be got done this evening," the DSP said.
Notably, the local police had yesterday arrested a man for allegedly raping his 14-year-old step-daughter for over one year at his house in Sheetal Nagar under Shivaji Colony police station here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- HUGE HONOUR! PM Narendra Modi featured in Obama's DNC introduction video - WATCH
- NASA reveals new information on Sun's magnetic field and its kin!
- Argentine FA hope for Lionel Messi international U-turn
- Sebastian Vettel confident of Ferrari future despite James Allison exit
- Paes story: Seven-up Leander has Olympic Games in blood