NSG commandos pledge organs
Gurgaon: Commandos of the National Security Guard (NSG) on Saturday pledged their organs as part of their social responsibility and duty to the country.
A seminar was organised at the Manesar garrison of the `black cats` force here and officials said 1,500 people, including families of the commandos, decided to pledge their organs.
Organised by the wives welfare association of the force, Dr Nalin Mehta of AIIMS Delhi dispelled various myths associated with organ donation and about the dire need of taking forward this noble practise in the country so that the lives of many people could be saved.
Sudha Ranjan, the chairman of the wives welfare association and wife of NSG chief Arvind Ranjan, also made her pledge on the occasion followed by a number of force personnel and their families.
The NSG is the elite force which undertakes counter-terror and counter-hijack operation in times of emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'