NSG commandos pledge organs
Gurgaon: Commandos of the National Security Guard (NSG) on Saturday pledged their organs as part of their social responsibility and duty to the country.
A seminar was organised at the Manesar garrison of the `black cats` force here and officials said 1,500 people, including families of the commandos, decided to pledge their organs.
Organised by the wives welfare association of the force, Dr Nalin Mehta of AIIMS Delhi dispelled various myths associated with organ donation and about the dire need of taking forward this noble practise in the country so that the lives of many people could be saved.
Sudha Ranjan, the chairman of the wives welfare association and wife of NSG chief Arvind Ranjan, also made her pledge on the occasion followed by a number of force personnel and their families.
The NSG is the elite force which undertakes counter-terror and counter-hijack operation in times of emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing