NSG commandos pledge organs
Gurgaon: Commandos of the National Security Guard (NSG) on Saturday pledged their organs as part of their social responsibility and duty to the country.
A seminar was organised at the Manesar garrison of the `black cats` force here and officials said 1,500 people, including families of the commandos, decided to pledge their organs.
Organised by the wives welfare association of the force, Dr Nalin Mehta of AIIMS Delhi dispelled various myths associated with organ donation and about the dire need of taking forward this noble practise in the country so that the lives of many people could be saved.
Sudha Ranjan, the chairman of the wives welfare association and wife of NSG chief Arvind Ranjan, also made her pledge on the occasion followed by a number of force personnel and their families.
The NSG is the elite force which undertakes counter-terror and counter-hijack operation in times of emergency.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference