NTPC engineer dies after attack by robbers
Gurgaon: An NTPC engineer lost his life in a grievous assault by robbers who fled with his mobile phone, wallet and car and left him for dead in Darbaripur village here, police said on Sunday.
Saji P A (40), a native of Kerala, died last night after unidentified assailants forcefully stopped his car, attacked him with blunt weapon and left him for dead before robbing him, they said.
According to police, Saji was assaulted on Friday evening evening when he was returning home from the National Thermal Power Corporation plant at Badarpur after his duty.
A passerby, who happened to know the victim, saw him critically injured and took him to hospital where he succumbed to injuries yesterday, they said.
Saji had been living with his wife at Darbaripur village, they said.
Investigations were on in the matter, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country