NTPC engineer dies after attack by robbers
Gurgaon: An NTPC engineer lost his life in a grievous assault by robbers who fled with his mobile phone, wallet and car and left him for dead in Darbaripur village here, police said on Sunday.
Saji P A (40), a native of Kerala, died last night after unidentified assailants forcefully stopped his car, attacked him with blunt weapon and left him for dead before robbing him, they said.
According to police, Saji was assaulted on Friday evening evening when he was returning home from the National Thermal Power Corporation plant at Badarpur after his duty.
A passerby, who happened to know the victim, saw him critically injured and took him to hospital where he succumbed to injuries yesterday, they said.
Saji had been living with his wife at Darbaripur village, they said.
Investigations were on in the matter, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman