Oath-taking of Haryana MLA in Delhi stirs storm
New Delhi: A specially-organised oath-taking
function for 2 newly-elected legislators at Haryana Bhawan in
Delhi on Tuesday stirred a controversy, with one of them not
There were two different versions from the Haryana Speaker
and Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) chief on the information
about the function.
While Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma claimed to
have informed HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi, whose wife
Renuka won Adampur seat in recent bypoll, about the
oath-taking in Haryana Bhawan here, Bishnoi on his part denied
having received any message about it from the Speaker.
With Renuka absent, Jarnail Singh of Congress, who won
from Ratia assembly seat, was administered oath by Speaker
Kuldeep Sharma in the presence of CM Bhupinder
Pointing out that this is the first time the oath-taking
of an MLA took place in Delhi, the Speaker said it was at
Jarnail Singh`s request that the function was organised here
as he was unable to travel to Chandigarh due to his
(Speaker`s) father`s ill-health. The Speaker`s father Chiranji
Lal Sharma is under treatment at a Gurgaon hospital.
"My father Chiranji Lal Sharma is very sick and I wanted
to avoid going to Chandigarh for the oath-taking. I did not
want to leave my sick father`s bedside. The candidate found it
convenient to come here, instead of Chandigarh. Accordingly,
we had informed Kuldeep Bishnoi also," said Sharma.
The HJC chief termed today`s oath-taking at Delhi as "very
unfortunate" and said "it may be legally correct but morally
it is not correct."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000