Oath-taking of Haryana MLA in Delhi stirs storm
New Delhi: A specially-organised oath-taking
function for 2 newly-elected legislators at Haryana Bhawan in
Delhi on Tuesday stirred a controversy, with one of them not
There were two different versions from the Haryana Speaker
and Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) chief on the information
about the function.
While Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma claimed to
have informed HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi, whose wife
Renuka won Adampur seat in recent bypoll, about the
oath-taking in Haryana Bhawan here, Bishnoi on his part denied
having received any message about it from the Speaker.
With Renuka absent, Jarnail Singh of Congress, who won
from Ratia assembly seat, was administered oath by Speaker
Kuldeep Sharma in the presence of CM Bhupinder
Pointing out that this is the first time the oath-taking
of an MLA took place in Delhi, the Speaker said it was at
Jarnail Singh`s request that the function was organised here
as he was unable to travel to Chandigarh due to his
(Speaker`s) father`s ill-health. The Speaker`s father Chiranji
Lal Sharma is under treatment at a Gurgaon hospital.
"My father Chiranji Lal Sharma is very sick and I wanted
to avoid going to Chandigarh for the oath-taking. I did not
want to leave my sick father`s bedside. The candidate found it
convenient to come here, instead of Chandigarh. Accordingly,
we had informed Kuldeep Bishnoi also," said Sharma.
The HJC chief termed today`s oath-taking at Delhi as "very
unfortunate" and said "it may be legally correct but morally
it is not correct."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what