Oath-taking of Haryana MLA in Delhi stirs storm
New Delhi: A specially-organised oath-taking
function for 2 newly-elected legislators at Haryana Bhawan in
Delhi on Tuesday stirred a controversy, with one of them not
There were two different versions from the Haryana Speaker
and Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) chief on the information
about the function.
While Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma claimed to
have informed HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi, whose wife
Renuka won Adampur seat in recent bypoll, about the
oath-taking in Haryana Bhawan here, Bishnoi on his part denied
having received any message about it from the Speaker.
With Renuka absent, Jarnail Singh of Congress, who won
from Ratia assembly seat, was administered oath by Speaker
Kuldeep Sharma in the presence of CM Bhupinder
Pointing out that this is the first time the oath-taking
of an MLA took place in Delhi, the Speaker said it was at
Jarnail Singh`s request that the function was organised here
as he was unable to travel to Chandigarh due to his
(Speaker`s) father`s ill-health. The Speaker`s father Chiranji
Lal Sharma is under treatment at a Gurgaon hospital.
"My father Chiranji Lal Sharma is very sick and I wanted
to avoid going to Chandigarh for the oath-taking. I did not
want to leave my sick father`s bedside. The candidate found it
convenient to come here, instead of Chandigarh. Accordingly,
we had informed Kuldeep Bishnoi also," said Sharma.
The HJC chief termed today`s oath-taking at Delhi as "very
unfortunate" and said "it may be legally correct but morally
it is not correct."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan