Oath-taking of Haryana MLA in Delhi stirs storm
New Delhi: A specially-organised oath-taking
function for 2 newly-elected legislators at Haryana Bhawan in
Delhi on Tuesday stirred a controversy, with one of them not
There were two different versions from the Haryana Speaker
and Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) chief on the information
about the function.
While Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma claimed to
have informed HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi, whose wife
Renuka won Adampur seat in recent bypoll, about the
oath-taking in Haryana Bhawan here, Bishnoi on his part denied
having received any message about it from the Speaker.
With Renuka absent, Jarnail Singh of Congress, who won
from Ratia assembly seat, was administered oath by Speaker
Kuldeep Sharma in the presence of CM Bhupinder
Pointing out that this is the first time the oath-taking
of an MLA took place in Delhi, the Speaker said it was at
Jarnail Singh`s request that the function was organised here
as he was unable to travel to Chandigarh due to his
(Speaker`s) father`s ill-health. The Speaker`s father Chiranji
Lal Sharma is under treatment at a Gurgaon hospital.
"My father Chiranji Lal Sharma is very sick and I wanted
to avoid going to Chandigarh for the oath-taking. I did not
want to leave my sick father`s bedside. The candidate found it
convenient to come here, instead of Chandigarh. Accordingly,
we had informed Kuldeep Bishnoi also," said Sharma.
The HJC chief termed today`s oath-taking at Delhi as "very
unfortunate" and said "it may be legally correct but morally
it is not correct."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!