Om Prakash Chautala`s interim bail extended
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Monday extended, till July 10, former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala`s interim bail, sought on health grounds and to attend the remaining post-cremation rites for his brother.
Justice Pratibha Rani extended Chautala`s interim bail till July 10.
Chautala last week sought extension of his interim bail by four weeks, informing the court that he is currently admitted to the ICU of Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon "due to bad health", and if allowed by the doctors, he would like to attend the remaining post-cremation rites for his brother Pratap Singh Chautala.
On June 3, the court granted three weeks` interim bail to Chautala, who heads the Indian National Lok Dal, to perform the last rites of his younger brother, who died June 1.
A special Central Bureau of Investigation court in the capital Jan 22, 2013, sentenced Chautala, his son Ajay Chautala and eight others to 10 years in jail after finding them guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained teachers in Haryana in 2000.
One convict was sentenced to five years in jail, while 45 others were each handed out four-year jail terms in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?