Om Prakash Chautala`s interim bail extended
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Monday extended, till July 10, former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala`s interim bail, sought on health grounds and to attend the remaining post-cremation rites for his brother.
Justice Pratibha Rani extended Chautala`s interim bail till July 10.
Chautala last week sought extension of his interim bail by four weeks, informing the court that he is currently admitted to the ICU of Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon "due to bad health", and if allowed by the doctors, he would like to attend the remaining post-cremation rites for his brother Pratap Singh Chautala.
On June 3, the court granted three weeks` interim bail to Chautala, who heads the Indian National Lok Dal, to perform the last rites of his younger brother, who died June 1.
A special Central Bureau of Investigation court in the capital Jan 22, 2013, sentenced Chautala, his son Ajay Chautala and eight others to 10 years in jail after finding them guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained teachers in Haryana in 2000.
One convict was sentenced to five years in jail, while 45 others were each handed out four-year jail terms in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in