One undertrial injured in lock-up brawl in Jind
Jind: One undertrial was today injured in a fight which broke out between prisoners at the local court complex here when they were taken for a hearing, police said.
According to police, the fight broke out between the members of the same gang inside the police lock-up on the court premises. The injured undertrial, identified as one Dalip, was taken to a local hospital for treatment, police added.
Guards posted at the lock-up on the court premises had to intervene to stop the fight among the members of the Sanjeev alias Kokla gang over some internal dispute, police said.
The gang members are facing an attempted murder case.
A case in connection with the brawl has been registered against four of the undertrials, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly