Our fight will continue even after verdict: Ruchika`s father
Chandigarh: Ruchika Girhotra`s father S C
Girhotra on Thursday said their fight for justice will continue even
after Sessions court verdict on former Haryana police chief
SPS Rathore on enhancing his sentence in the molesation case
of the budding tennis player.
"We are hopeful Rathore will get maximum punishment
(two years) in Ruchika molestation case. But our fight for
justice will continue even after that as CBI is investigating
abetment to suicide case against him,"Girhotra told reporters.
Besides the molestation case, CBI had in January this
year registered three cases including one under Section 306 of
the IPC (abetment to suicide) against the disgraced former DGP
on the complaint of Ruchika`s family.
Turning emotional while recalling traumatic time they
had gone through during the past nearly two decades, Girhotra
said "Rathore was custodian of law being IGP in Haryana Police
(in 1990). But protector of law turned its offender and
molested a girl, whom he was supposed to protect like a
"It was because of constant harassment and torture
unleashed on behest of Rathore that Ruchika was driven to
suicide. Abetment to suicide case against Rathore is still
being heard by the Punjab and Haryana High Court. Our fight
will continue till he gets punishment for pushing an innocent
child to commit suicide," Girhotra said.
Anand Prakash and Madhu Prakash, parents of Aradhna,
the sole witness in the molestation incident, said that
Rathore never deserved any leniency.
"A man who should have acted as a guardian and
protector of law molested a young girl and victimised,
tortured her and her family.
Rathore has been proved guilty beyond doubt in the
molestation case by the trial court, but he walked away with a
light sentence of six months earlier," Anand Prakash said.
"The sentiments of the public are that he deserves no
leniency and must go behind the bars," he added.
Madhu Prakash said it was a long-drawn battle for
justice for the family."But not for once did we lose hope
even though there were numerous occasions when we used to
wonder what is going to happen next" she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi