Over 26 lakh children administered polio drops in Haryana
Chandigarh: Over 26 lakh children between
the age of 0-5 years were on Sunday covered under second National
Immunization round of Pulse Polio 2010-11 in all the districts
The children were administered polio drops at booths on
the first day of the three-day campaign, an official release
The campaign will continue for another two days by way of
house-to-house activity to trace and administer polio drops to
the left out children.
In order to smoothly carry out this campaign, 16,474
booths were set up in the state and these were manned by
approximately 66,000 health officials, volunteers, Anganwari
workers and Accredited Social Health Activists.
More than 40 lakh children are to be covered during this
campaign. During this round, special attention has been paid
to high risk areas like slums, isolated hutments, brick kilns,
floating and migrating population and construction sites so
that no child is left uncovered in these areas, the release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir