Over 34.38 lakh tonnes of paddy arrives in Haryana
Chandigarh: More than 34.38 lakh tonnes of paddy has arrived so far at the mandis in Haryana during the current Kharif season.
This is against over 28.84 lakh tonnes of the crop that had arrived during the same period last year.
Yesterday, over 1.36 lakh tonnes of paddy arrived in various grain markets of the state, including 1.06 lakh tonnes of leviable paddy and 29,191 tonnes of non-leviable paddy, Haryana Food and Supplies Department spokesperson said here today.
He said out of the total arrival of paddy, maximum quantity of Over 7.99 lakh tonnes had arrived in district Kurukshetra.
District Karnal received over 7.43 lakh tonnes of paddy, while district Kaithal had got over 5.46 lakh tonnes, he said.
The spokesman said out of the total arrival of paddy, six government agencies have so far procured over 31.35 lakh tonnes, while the remaining quantity was procured by the millers.
He said of the total paddy procured by the agencies, over 12.64 lakh tonnes has been procured by Food and Supplies Department.
HAFED has purchased more than 9.68 lakh tonnes, Haryana Agro Industries Corporation over 4.82 lakh tonnes, Haryana Warehousing Corporation 2.30 lakh tonnes and CONFED procured 1.87 lakh tonnes of paddy, he added.
The Food Corporation of India has also procured 1,296 tonnes of paddy, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs