Over 700 persons booked for Friday rampage in Rewa
Rewari: Cases have been registered against 700 persons in the Dharuhera area for fuelling a disturbance on Friday which saw irate mobs setting over three dozen vehicles on fire after a truck allegedly laden with beef was found parked on the Jaipur-Delhi highway.
The FIRs were registered yesterday against the accused on charges of attempt to murder, dacoity, causing damage by fire, rioting, obstruction of and assault on public officials, a police officer said on Sunday.
The mob had also severely damaged over 40 other vehicles during the episode.
The locals went on a rampage after they found the mini- truck, allegedly carrying beef, on NH-8 at Malpura village near Dharuhera.
Additional DGP, PR Deo, said a large contingent of security forces had been deployed in the area to maintain law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh