Over 700 persons booked for Friday rampage in Rewa
Rewari: Cases have been registered against 700 persons in the Dharuhera area for fuelling a disturbance on Friday which saw irate mobs setting over three dozen vehicles on fire after a truck allegedly laden with beef was found parked on the Jaipur-Delhi highway.
The FIRs were registered yesterday against the accused on charges of attempt to murder, dacoity, causing damage by fire, rioting, obstruction of and assault on public officials, a police officer said on Sunday.
The mob had also severely damaged over 40 other vehicles during the episode.
The locals went on a rampage after they found the mini- truck, allegedly carrying beef, on NH-8 at Malpura village near Dharuhera.
Additional DGP, PR Deo, said a large contingent of security forces had been deployed in the area to maintain law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?