Over 700 persons booked for Friday rampage in Rewa
Rewari: Cases have been registered against 700 persons in the Dharuhera area for fuelling a disturbance on Friday which saw irate mobs setting over three dozen vehicles on fire after a truck allegedly laden with beef was found parked on the Jaipur-Delhi highway.
The FIRs were registered yesterday against the accused on charges of attempt to murder, dacoity, causing damage by fire, rioting, obstruction of and assault on public officials, a police officer said on Sunday.
The mob had also severely damaged over 40 other vehicles during the episode.
The locals went on a rampage after they found the mini- truck, allegedly carrying beef, on NH-8 at Malpura village near Dharuhera.
Additional DGP, PR Deo, said a large contingent of security forces had been deployed in the area to maintain law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?