Over Rs 189 cr given as compensation to farmers in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has given over Rs 189 crore as compensation to 387 farmers whose land was acquired to set up a nuclear power plant in Fatehabad district.
The compensation was given to farmers in Gorakhpur, Baropal and Kajalheri villages in the district, where more than 615 acres of land have been acquired for the proposed nuclear power plant, Revenue Officer Ram Singh Bishnoi said here on Thursday.
While 268 farmers of Gorakhpur village were given a compensation of over Rs 154 crore for about 503 acres of land, those in Baropal village were given Rs 34 crore for 110 acres, he said.
A farmer in Kajalheri village was given over Rs 54 lakh for 1.78 acres of land, Bishnoi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured