Over Rs 189 cr given as compensation to farmers in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has given over Rs 189 crore as compensation to 387 farmers whose land was acquired to set up a nuclear power plant in Fatehabad district.
The compensation was given to farmers in Gorakhpur, Baropal and Kajalheri villages in the district, where more than 615 acres of land have been acquired for the proposed nuclear power plant, Revenue Officer Ram Singh Bishnoi said here on Thursday.
While 268 farmers of Gorakhpur village were given a compensation of over Rs 154 crore for about 503 acres of land, those in Baropal village were given Rs 34 crore for 110 acres, he said.
A farmer in Kajalheri village was given over Rs 54 lakh for 1.78 acres of land, Bishnoi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly