Over Rs 189 cr given as compensation to farmers in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has given over Rs 189 crore as compensation to 387 farmers whose land was acquired to set up a nuclear power plant in Fatehabad district.
The compensation was given to farmers in Gorakhpur, Baropal and Kajalheri villages in the district, where more than 615 acres of land have been acquired for the proposed nuclear power plant, Revenue Officer Ram Singh Bishnoi said here on Thursday.
While 268 farmers of Gorakhpur village were given a compensation of over Rs 154 crore for about 503 acres of land, those in Baropal village were given Rs 34 crore for 110 acres, he said.
A farmer in Kajalheri village was given over Rs 54 lakh for 1.78 acres of land, Bishnoi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days