Over Rs 189 cr given as compensation to farmers in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has given over Rs 189 crore as compensation to 387 farmers whose land was acquired to set up a nuclear power plant in Fatehabad district.
The compensation was given to farmers in Gorakhpur, Baropal and Kajalheri villages in the district, where more than 615 acres of land have been acquired for the proposed nuclear power plant, Revenue Officer Ram Singh Bishnoi said here on Thursday.
While 268 farmers of Gorakhpur village were given a compensation of over Rs 154 crore for about 503 acres of land, those in Baropal village were given Rs 34 crore for 110 acres, he said.
A farmer in Kajalheri village was given over Rs 54 lakh for 1.78 acres of land, Bishnoi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery