Parents arrested for girl`s murder in Haryana
Hisar: A 16-year-old girl was strangled to death allegedly by her parents in a suspected case of dishonour killing in the district`s Narnaud area, police said on Thursday.
According to police, the minor, a student of Class X, was murdered on May 4 by her parents, who cremated the body on the same night.
Hemant, the father of the girl, mother Gayatri Devi, maternal uncle Karam Raj and another relative were arrested for killing the minor over her alleged affair with a classmate, they said.
It is alleged that the girl was strangled by them with her dupatta, while she was watching TV.
The girl was reportedly in love with her classmate who is a resident of the nearby Bass village, police said.
The girl`s father had on April 11 filed a complaint about the alleged kidnapping of his daughter by the boy, police said.
The boy was arrested and the girl recovered on April 13, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!