Parents arrested for girl`s murder in Haryana
Hisar: A 16-year-old girl was strangled to death allegedly by her parents in a suspected case of dishonour killing in the district`s Narnaud area, police said on Thursday.
According to police, the minor, a student of Class X, was murdered on May 4 by her parents, who cremated the body on the same night.
Hemant, the father of the girl, mother Gayatri Devi, maternal uncle Karam Raj and another relative were arrested for killing the minor over her alleged affair with a classmate, they said.
It is alleged that the girl was strangled by them with her dupatta, while she was watching TV.
The girl was reportedly in love with her classmate who is a resident of the nearby Bass village, police said.
The girl`s father had on April 11 filed a complaint about the alleged kidnapping of his daughter by the boy, police said.
The boy was arrested and the girl recovered on April 13, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Central Government plays waiting game as Wrestling Federation backs dope-tainted Narsingh Yadav
- File chargesheet against Chhota Rajan in Dey murder case by Aug 5, court tells CBI
- Swimming's governing body FINA bans seven Russians from participating at Rio Olympics
- Not liable to repay Rs 6,000 crore debt due to breach of terms: Kingfisher Airlines
- Pakistan assures China of 'smooth progress' of economic corridor