Paswan demands judicial probe into Haryana caste violence
New Delhi: LJP on Friday demanded a judicial probe
into an incident in Haryana where two Dalits, including a
physically challenged girl, were burnt alive allegedly by a
group of dominant caste.
The party also demanded immediate rehabilitation of the
victims of the alleged caste violence in Mirchpur village of
Hissar district on April 21, to ensure that they live "freely
Describing the incident as "gruesome", party chief Ram
Vilas Paswan told reporters here that LJP along with National
Democratic Front (NDF) would stage a demonstration in the
national capital on May 20 to protest the incident.
"Judicial inquiry should be ordered and the entire matter
must be disposed of within six months by setting up a special
fast track court," he demanded.
He claimed that it was not the first incident of caste
violence in Mirchpur but "a regular feature as in 2003, 2005
and 2006 also dalits were attacked" in different incidents.
Stating that Haryana was known for such "frightening arson
attacks", he demanded that all such major cases of attacks and
exploitation of Dalits be transferred to Delhi or outside
Harayna for a "fair trial" as it was not possible for the
victims to get justice there because of the influence of the
Paswan said the incident allegedly took place in the
presence of police. "The ghastly incident could have been
avoided if police would have had acted in time," he said
and demanded immediate suspension of "erring" officials.
Members of a dominant caste allegedly resorted to violence
after some of them picked up a fight over some petty issue
with Dalit children in the village.
A 70-year old man and his 18-year-old physically
challenged girl were allegedly burnt alive in their house as
an unruly mob set 15 houses of Dalits on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks