Pensioners in Haryana to get biometric cards
Chandigarh: Collecting pension will soon be
a hassle-free exercise in Haryana as under a new scheme the
amount will directly be credited to the bank accounts of the
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda will
initiate a project under which biometrics cards will be issued
to the pensioners from Assandh in district Karnal on March 26,
an official release said Thursday.
The project was being launched on pilot basis in Karnal,
Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Rohtak and Hisar. Later, other
districts would also be covered under the scheme.
Under the project, pensioners under Old Age Allowance
Scheme, Widow Pension Scheme, Handicapped Pension Scheme,
Ladli Social Security Pension Scheme, Destitute Children
Assistance Scheme, National Family Benefit Scheme, Eunuch and
Dwarf Pension Scheme, among others from the Department of
Social Justice and Empowerment, will have their pension
credited directly to their bank accounts.
The bank accounts of the pensioners would be opened by
the bank representatives visiting village to village, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital