Pensioners in Haryana to get biometric cards
Chandigarh: Collecting pension will soon be
a hassle-free exercise in Haryana as under a new scheme the
amount will directly be credited to the bank accounts of the
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda will
initiate a project under which biometrics cards will be issued
to the pensioners from Assandh in district Karnal on March 26,
an official release said Thursday.
The project was being launched on pilot basis in Karnal,
Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Rohtak and Hisar. Later, other
districts would also be covered under the scheme.
Under the project, pensioners under Old Age Allowance
Scheme, Widow Pension Scheme, Handicapped Pension Scheme,
Ladli Social Security Pension Scheme, Destitute Children
Assistance Scheme, National Family Benefit Scheme, Eunuch and
Dwarf Pension Scheme, among others from the Department of
Social Justice and Empowerment, will have their pension
credited directly to their bank accounts.
The bank accounts of the pensioners would be opened by
the bank representatives visiting village to village, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab
- Missing IAF AN32: Co-pilot Pankaj Nandel's family hopeful of his return