Pensioners in Haryana to get biometric cards
Chandigarh: Collecting pension will soon be
a hassle-free exercise in Haryana as under a new scheme the
amount will directly be credited to the bank accounts of the
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda will
initiate a project under which biometrics cards will be issued
to the pensioners from Assandh in district Karnal on March 26,
an official release said Thursday.
The project was being launched on pilot basis in Karnal,
Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Rohtak and Hisar. Later, other
districts would also be covered under the scheme.
Under the project, pensioners under Old Age Allowance
Scheme, Widow Pension Scheme, Handicapped Pension Scheme,
Ladli Social Security Pension Scheme, Destitute Children
Assistance Scheme, National Family Benefit Scheme, Eunuch and
Dwarf Pension Scheme, among others from the Department of
Social Justice and Empowerment, will have their pension
credited directly to their bank accounts.
The bank accounts of the pensioners would be opened by
the bank representatives visiting village to village, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- England vs Pakistan, 1st ODI: Pak Innings — As it happened...
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar