Pensioners in Haryana to get biometric cards
Chandigarh: Collecting pension will soon be
a hassle-free exercise in Haryana as under a new scheme the
amount will directly be credited to the bank accounts of the
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda will
initiate a project under which biometrics cards will be issued
to the pensioners from Assandh in district Karnal on March 26,
an official release said Thursday.
The project was being launched on pilot basis in Karnal,
Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Rohtak and Hisar. Later, other
districts would also be covered under the scheme.
Under the project, pensioners under Old Age Allowance
Scheme, Widow Pension Scheme, Handicapped Pension Scheme,
Ladli Social Security Pension Scheme, Destitute Children
Assistance Scheme, National Family Benefit Scheme, Eunuch and
Dwarf Pension Scheme, among others from the Department of
Social Justice and Empowerment, will have their pension
credited directly to their bank accounts.
The bank accounts of the pensioners would be opened by
the bank representatives visiting village to village, the
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?