Pensioners in Haryana to get biometric cards
Chandigarh: Collecting pension will soon be
a hassle-free exercise in Haryana as under a new scheme the
amount will directly be credited to the bank accounts of the
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda will
initiate a project under which biometrics cards will be issued
to the pensioners from Assandh in district Karnal on March 26,
an official release said Thursday.
The project was being launched on pilot basis in Karnal,
Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Rohtak and Hisar. Later, other
districts would also be covered under the scheme.
Under the project, pensioners under Old Age Allowance
Scheme, Widow Pension Scheme, Handicapped Pension Scheme,
Ladli Social Security Pension Scheme, Destitute Children
Assistance Scheme, National Family Benefit Scheme, Eunuch and
Dwarf Pension Scheme, among others from the Department of
Social Justice and Empowerment, will have their pension
credited directly to their bank accounts.
The bank accounts of the pensioners would be opened by
the bank representatives visiting village to village, the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview