People block Rohtak Road Bypass for 3 hrs over missing women
Jind: Upset by police`s failure to trace two women missing for almost two months from Ashram Basti in the city, residents of the area on Monday blocked the Rohtak Road Bypass for nearly three hours, causing a huge traffic jam.
Accusing the police of inaction in the case, the protesters demanded that the women be traced soon.
On hearing about the blockade, SHO of the city police station Captan Singh along with police force reached the spot and tried to pacify the crowd, but the people did not listen and the traffic remained disrupted for nearly three hours.
Later, Singh assured the people that he will get the case investigated by officials of their choice, after which the protesters relented and lifted the blockade.
The case dates back to November 8 when an anganwadi worker of Ashram Basti Santosh had gone to the house of her neighbour Brahmi Devi for sleeping. However, the two had gone missing in the night.
A case in this regard was registered by Santosh`s family on November 11. But when the women remained untraced, the victim`s family sat on a dharna on November 25, after which Brahmi Devi`s husband Ramdiya was arrested. But the women are still missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!