Plan for Faridabad development being formulated: Hooda
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda today said the state government is formulating an ambitious plan for development of Faridabad. Hooda stated this at a function organised by Faridabad Industries Association (FIA) in Faridabad, said an official release.
"The progress of any state can be assessed by four parameters - per capita income, per capita investment, per capita plan budget and resource mobilisation, and in all these, Haryana is ahead of other states," Hooda said.
While referring to Gujarat, Hooda said other states in the country should also make progress, but Gujarat is "way behind Haryana" in these four parameters.
Pointing out at resource mobilisation, Hooda said as per the Planning Commission report, Haryana has achieved resource mobilisation of 192 per cent during the 11th Five Year Plan as compared to 95 per cent at national level and 96.5 per cent in Gujarat.
Per capita milk production in Gujarat is 400 grams whereas it is 750 grams in Haryana, he stressed.
The Chief Minister said, during the past eight years, the state government has spent Rs 3,925 crore on development of Faridabad, whereas the previous government had spent only about Rs 423 crore.
Apart from this, Rs 2,679 crore was being spent for the development of Faridabad under the Jawahar Lal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission.
The National Highway-2 was being widened and an Industrial Model Township (IMT) was being developed in Faridabad, Hooda said.
On the issue of regularisation of industries being run in non-approved areas, Hooda added that work was being done in this direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani