Plane crash nightmare for residents in Faridabad locality
Faridabad: Mangled remains of an
aircraft on the streets, a damaged propeller, burnt houses,
and people in panic.
This was the scene at the accident site of the
chartered plane that crashed in a residential area in
Faridabad last night, killing ten persons, including all
The aircraft lost control and nosedived into the
first floor of a building, killing three women residents.
The building in no time turned into a ball of fire.
A battery of people surrounded the accident site,
which caused difficulty in rescue operations.
"I rushed to the building, it was on fire. There were
some people on the stairs who were engulfed in flames. I tried
to find my way to the first floor but the flames were too
strong," Omkar (30), one of the injured, said.
Three persons were injured in the mishap.
Apart from the wreckage of the ambulance aircraft,
oxygen cylinders, icebox, and other medical articles were seen
lying around the scene.
The whole area has been cordoned off and security
The incident was a nightmare of sorts for the
residents of the densely populated Parvatiya Colony as they
came out of their houses after hearing the massive explosion.
"It was very scary. I heard a loud explosion and
rushed outside. I saw flames all over. I immediately called my
friends and nearby people to douse the fire," said Rohan, a
resident of the colony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note