Police bust inter-state gang led by serving soldier
Rewari: Police on Sunday claimed to
have busted an inter-state gang involved in bank robberies and
murder led by a serving soldier with the arrest of two
persons, including an army man.
Senior Superintendent of Police Rajender Singh Gehlot
told a press conference here that two alleged gang members
Hoshiar and Prakash Yadav, a serving army man, were arrested
on a tip-off from Dharuhera area last night.
They were part of a gang which committed bank
robberies in Haryana and Rajasthan, Gehlot said.
Police seized a motorcycle as well as two country-made
pistols from them, he said.
The SSP said that Yadav was posted at Deolali in
The kingpin of this five-member gang of bank robbers
has been identified as Maman Singh of Seethal village of Alwar
district, a soldier now posted in Dehradun, he alleged.
He said the gang comprised two more army personnel
apart from the kingpin.
The interrogation of the two had led to solving of 11
bank robberies, of which five were committed in Rewari
district. Three robberies were carried out in Gurgaon
district, one in Mahendergarh district and two in Alwar
district of Rajasthan during the period from July, 2007 to
December, 2009, the SSP said.
The gang had allegedly shot dead a security guard at
the Kapriwas branch of the Gurgaon Gramin Bank, a branch
manager of the Godh Balawa branch of the Punjab National Bank
and a security guard at the Laxmangarh branch of the State
Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, he said.
Gehlot said a police party had been dispatched to
Dehradun to nab Maman Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional