Police bust inter-state gang led by serving soldier
Rewari: Police on Sunday claimed to
have busted an inter-state gang involved in bank robberies and
murder led by a serving soldier with the arrest of two
persons, including an army man.
Senior Superintendent of Police Rajender Singh Gehlot
told a press conference here that two alleged gang members
Hoshiar and Prakash Yadav, a serving army man, were arrested
on a tip-off from Dharuhera area last night.
They were part of a gang which committed bank
robberies in Haryana and Rajasthan, Gehlot said.
Police seized a motorcycle as well as two country-made
pistols from them, he said.
The SSP said that Yadav was posted at Deolali in
The kingpin of this five-member gang of bank robbers
has been identified as Maman Singh of Seethal village of Alwar
district, a soldier now posted in Dehradun, he alleged.
He said the gang comprised two more army personnel
apart from the kingpin.
The interrogation of the two had led to solving of 11
bank robberies, of which five were committed in Rewari
district. Three robberies were carried out in Gurgaon
district, one in Mahendergarh district and two in Alwar
district of Rajasthan during the period from July, 2007 to
December, 2009, the SSP said.
The gang had allegedly shot dead a security guard at
the Kapriwas branch of the Gurgaon Gramin Bank, a branch
manager of the Godh Balawa branch of the Punjab National Bank
and a security guard at the Laxmangarh branch of the State
Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, he said.
Gehlot said a police party had been dispatched to
Dehradun to nab Maman Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'