Police steps up search for missing Gopal Kanda
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda, accused of abetting the suicide of a former woman employee, evaded police for another day on Thursday even as investigators intensified search to arrest him on a day his anticipatory bail plea was rejected.
Six police teams were looking for him in connection with the case of suicide of his former employee Geetika Sharma. Searches were conducted at his residence and office in Sirsa besides recently started MDK International School, a day after they raided his farmhouse and hotel, all in Haryana.
"He is absconding. We are searching for him. We will arrest him," P Karunakaran, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-West), said.
Geetika (23), a former air hostess with Kanda`s MDLR airline, alleged in her suicide note that she was ending her life due to harassment by Kanda and MDLR official Chaddha. Kanda and Chaddha have denied the allegations.
After Kanda`s anticipatory bail was rejected by a court here, Geetika`s brother Ankit alleged that the former minister if not arrested will tamper with evidence. "He is playing with evidence for the past four days. He is absconding which means he is guilty," he said.
Kanda was served with a notice to appear before police yesterday but he send a lawyer seeking more time, which was rejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam