Police steps up search for missing Gopal Kanda
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda, accused of abetting the suicide of a former woman employee, evaded police for another day on Thursday even as investigators intensified search to arrest him on a day his anticipatory bail plea was rejected.
Six police teams were looking for him in connection with the case of suicide of his former employee Geetika Sharma. Searches were conducted at his residence and office in Sirsa besides recently started MDK International School, a day after they raided his farmhouse and hotel, all in Haryana.
"He is absconding. We are searching for him. We will arrest him," P Karunakaran, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-West), said.
Geetika (23), a former air hostess with Kanda`s MDLR airline, alleged in her suicide note that she was ending her life due to harassment by Kanda and MDLR official Chaddha. Kanda and Chaddha have denied the allegations.
After Kanda`s anticipatory bail was rejected by a court here, Geetika`s brother Ankit alleged that the former minister if not arrested will tamper with evidence. "He is playing with evidence for the past four days. He is absconding which means he is guilty," he said.
Kanda was served with a notice to appear before police yesterday but he send a lawyer seeking more time, which was rejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada