Police steps up search for missing Gopal Kanda
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda, accused of abetting the suicide of a former woman employee, evaded police for another day on Thursday even as investigators intensified search to arrest him on a day his anticipatory bail plea was rejected.
Six police teams were looking for him in connection with the case of suicide of his former employee Geetika Sharma. Searches were conducted at his residence and office in Sirsa besides recently started MDK International School, a day after they raided his farmhouse and hotel, all in Haryana.
"He is absconding. We are searching for him. We will arrest him," P Karunakaran, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-West), said.
Geetika (23), a former air hostess with Kanda`s MDLR airline, alleged in her suicide note that she was ending her life due to harassment by Kanda and MDLR official Chaddha. Kanda and Chaddha have denied the allegations.
After Kanda`s anticipatory bail was rejected by a court here, Geetika`s brother Ankit alleged that the former minister if not arrested will tamper with evidence. "He is playing with evidence for the past four days. He is absconding which means he is guilty," he said.
Kanda was served with a notice to appear before police yesterday but he send a lawyer seeking more time, which was rejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations