‘Power on priority basis for welfare beneficiaries`
Chandigarh: Haryana Power Minister Captain Ajay Singh Yadav on Tuesday said that power connections would be provided on a priority basis to the recipients of 100 sq yard plots under the Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Basti Yojna.
The minister, who was presiding over a monthly review meeting of the power utilities here, said that a new scheme would be devised to implement the proposal and issued directions for a survey to be conducted to provide power connections to the plot holders.
He said that electricity connections might be provided under the Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Vidhyutikaran Yojana where more than 15 plots have either been allotted or developed if it is found possible to extend power to those areas.
Taking a serious note of complaints over power bills, he said that arrangements should be made for the consumers to be able to view their bills online.
He directed that complaints regarding bills should be accepted at call centres set up to redress consumer grievances and stressed on the need to simplify procedures for online payment of bills.
Talking about the recovery of arrears, in case the realisation of dues is for a period of three years or more, 10 per cent of the amount recovered should be given as an incentive to the operational sub-division concerned.
He also mooted the idea that consumers should be given the option to pay their bills in instalments.
The facility, according to the minister, should be extended to those who pay at least half the bill amount in their first instalment with the balance to be recovered with interest in the second instalment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters