‘Power on priority basis for welfare beneficiaries`
Chandigarh: Haryana Power Minister Captain Ajay Singh Yadav on Tuesday said that power connections would be provided on a priority basis to the recipients of 100 sq yard plots under the Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Basti Yojna.
The minister, who was presiding over a monthly review meeting of the power utilities here, said that a new scheme would be devised to implement the proposal and issued directions for a survey to be conducted to provide power connections to the plot holders.
He said that electricity connections might be provided under the Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Vidhyutikaran Yojana where more than 15 plots have either been allotted or developed if it is found possible to extend power to those areas.
Taking a serious note of complaints over power bills, he said that arrangements should be made for the consumers to be able to view their bills online.
He directed that complaints regarding bills should be accepted at call centres set up to redress consumer grievances and stressed on the need to simplify procedures for online payment of bills.
Talking about the recovery of arrears, in case the realisation of dues is for a period of three years or more, 10 per cent of the amount recovered should be given as an incentive to the operational sub-division concerned.
He also mooted the idea that consumers should be given the option to pay their bills in instalments.
The facility, according to the minister, should be extended to those who pay at least half the bill amount in their first instalment with the balance to be recovered with interest in the second instalment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida