Pregnant Dalit woman raped in Kaithal
Kaithal: A pregnant Dalit woman was allegedly abducted and raped by two youths in Kalyat area of the district in the 15th incident of sexual assault on women within a month in Haryana.
The two accused, Rakesh and Pawan, were arrested today after a case of rape was registered against them on the basis of statement made by the 19-year-old victim about the incident yesterday, SP (Kaithal) Kuldeep Singh Yadav said.
"The girl was medically examined, and the possibility of sexual assault cannot be ruled out. It was also revealed that she was five months pregnant," the SP said.
"When we enquired from the family about this, they said she was married and was staying with them for past some days," Yadav said.
During the investigations, it came to light that the girl had made a call to one of her rapists in the wee hours after which the two met, he said.
"The girl and the two arrested youths knew each other well.
We are making further investigations and have registered a case on the complaint of the girl," he said.
The victim had made the statement before the magistrate and levelled charges of rape against the accused.
This is the 15th incident of sexual assault during the past one month on women that include many teenaged girls in various parts of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you