Pregnant women need ID proof for ultrasound
Chandigarh: Pregnant women in Haryana will now have to show their identification proof while undergoing ultrasound scan.
As part of its move to check female foeticide in Haryana, infamous for its adverse sex ratio, the state Health Department has announced that the pregnant women undergoing ultrasound scan will have to submit photocopy of their identification proof at the ultrasound centre.
"It will be the responsibility of the radiologist to ask for the photostat copy of the document from them," a spokesman of Health Department said here today.
Pregnant women could submit a photostat copy of their ration card, voter ID, electricity and water supply bill among other proofs.
To check the menace of female foeticide, the government has also announced a prize money of Rs 21,000 for those giving information about a physician conducting sex-determination tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion