Protest against lack of security at GJU campus
Hisar: Protesting against inadequate security at Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, where a 20-year-old girl was hacked to death in full public by her senior, members of student and other organisations today held a dharna at Parijat Chowk.
The girl, Geetika, a student of BTech (computer science), was killed on November 26 allegedly by another student right after she had stepped out of an ATM located within the campus.
Blaming the university authorities for the increasing number of crimes on the campus, activists of Students Federation of India, Janwadi Mahila Samiti, Sarv Karamchari Sangh, Naujawan Sabha, Abhibhawak Manch and Nagrik Manch held the demonstration and demanded tight security arrangement in the area.
The protestors also gave a memorandum to district administration, demanding installation of CCTV cameras at strategic places inside the university and handing over the security arrangement of the varsity to the government.
They also sought hearing of the Geetika`s murder case by fast track court.
On August 10, another 18-year old girl, Varsha Yadav (18), a hosteller, was allegedly stabbed to death by a 21-year old youth allegedly stabbed at the same spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan