Rahul competent to be the PM: Bhupinder Singh Hooda
Chandigarh: As Congress hailed its Vice-President Rahul Gandhi`s "key role" in the passage of the Lokpal Bill, which was cleared by Parliament on Wednesday, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said that the Nehru-Gandhi scion was competent to become the next Prime Minister.
"Rahul is competent to become the Prime Minister," Hooda said reacting to the possibility of Congress announcing its vice-president as its prime ministerial candidate for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
The Chief Minister, who was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a meeting of the state cabinet here this evening said the country`s youth was looking towards Rahul with hope.
Hooda hailed the historic step of enacting the Lokpal Bill by which an anti-corruption watchdog would be established.
"The law will prove to be a milestone in ending corruption," he said.
He thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi as well as Rahul Gandhi and all those parties who supported the Bill.
Asked if senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who had recently been issued a chargesheet by his government, had submitted his reply, Hooda said the Chief Secretary could throw light on this.
On who would be the state`s next Chief Secretary as incumbent PK Chaudhery is set to retire this month-end, Hooda said, "Wait till January 1, you will know."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported