Rahul Gandhi in Panchkula, to hold meeting with party leaders
Chandigarh: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will on Wednesday hold confabulations with state party leaders and workers here in a bid to further strengthen the party in Haryana.
The closed-door meeting of Rahul, to be held in three rounds with Haryana Congress leaders and activists, will last till evening, party sources said here.
Rahul will be having a meeting with the party MPs and MLAs from the state, besides the district unit chiefs of the Congress from Haryana, party sources said.
Thereafter, he will also address among others the block presidents, party leaders of various Municipal Corporations, Committees and Nagar Panchayats, they said.
The meeting of Rahul is kept out of bound for media. He held a similar meeting recently at Khanna in Punjab.
During the meeting, he will also discuss ways to fine tune the party`s strategy for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, sources said.
Rahul will also take feed back from party activists at grass-root level.
A heavy police deployment is in place around the `Indradhanush` auditorium - the venue of day-long meeting in Panchkula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened