‘Rajiv Gandhi Trust got land with village consent’
New Delhi: The Government on Wednesday defended
the allotment of land to the Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust in
Haryana, saying it was done with the "full consent" of the
"The land allotment had the full consent of the
panchayat which had unanimously passed a resolution for
leasing it for 33 years," I&B Minister Ambika Soni told
reporters outside Parliament House.
The land allotment to the trust in Gurgaon`s Ullawas
village has kicked off a political row after Punjab and
Haryana High Court summoned all records related to it.
Soni said the eye care centre to be set up in the
village would run on "no-profit-no-loss" basis.
The BJP, however, was quick to counter her statement
with party leader Ravi Shankar Prasad seeking to know if
"everything was so transparent, why did Haryana Government
give an undertaking in the High Court to review the entire
"We think there is a lot of wrongdoing in the land
acquisition," he said.
Prasad contended that the land was a gram sabha
property which was released after notification of section 4 of
Land Acquisition Act.
BJP had yesterday alleged that rules were bent to
acquire the land by the trust and asked the ruling party if
its stand was the same on acquisition of farm land everywhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog