Rakhi:Free bus service for women and children
Chandigarh: Women along with their children up to the age of 15 years will be entitled to free travel in state-run buses on `Raksha Bandhan`, a Haryana government spokesman said on Tuesday.
They will be allowed free travel in ordinary buses of Haryana Roadways in Haryana and up to Delhi and Chandigarh on August 2, the spokesman said on Tuesday.
Over 11 lakh women and children had availed this facility last year, he said.
The Haryana government has been extending this facility to women since 2006, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city