Rakhi:Free bus service for women and children
Chandigarh: Women along with their children up to the age of 15 years will be entitled to free travel in state-run buses on `Raksha Bandhan`, a Haryana government spokesman said on Tuesday.
They will be allowed free travel in ordinary buses of Haryana Roadways in Haryana and up to Delhi and Chandigarh on August 2, the spokesman said on Tuesday.
Over 11 lakh women and children had availed this facility last year, he said.
The Haryana government has been extending this facility to women since 2006, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites