Rakhi:Free bus service for women and children
Chandigarh: Women along with their children up to the age of 15 years will be entitled to free travel in state-run buses on `Raksha Bandhan`, a Haryana government spokesman said on Tuesday.
They will be allowed free travel in ordinary buses of Haryana Roadways in Haryana and up to Delhi and Chandigarh on August 2, the spokesman said on Tuesday.
Over 11 lakh women and children had availed this facility last year, he said.
The Haryana government has been extending this facility to women since 2006, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda