Rape victim attempts suicide in Haryana
Jhajjar: A 26-year-old rape victim allegedly attempted suicide here by consuming some poisonous substance.
The woman was admitted to PGIMS in Rohtak in a critical condition, police said.
The woman and her family came to Jhajjar from Bahadurgarh this morning to appear before court in connection with the rape case.
After the court hearing, she consumed some poisonous substance with an intention to end her life, police said.
The woman was rushed to civil hospital here, from where she was referred to PGIMS Rohtak.
On the complaint by the victim, Bahadurgarh police had last year registered a case on charges of rape against Chhikkara Colony resident Neeraj.
"Exact reason behind the suicide attempt will be ascertained after getting the statement of the victim who is undergoing treatment in PGIMS Rohtak," Jhajjar DSP Joginder Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said