Rape victim attempts suicide in Haryana
Jhajjar: A 26-year-old rape victim allegedly attempted suicide here by consuming some poisonous substance.
The woman was admitted to PGIMS in Rohtak in a critical condition, police said.
The woman and her family came to Jhajjar from Bahadurgarh this morning to appear before court in connection with the rape case.
After the court hearing, she consumed some poisonous substance with an intention to end her life, police said.
The woman was rushed to civil hospital here, from where she was referred to PGIMS Rohtak.
On the complaint by the victim, Bahadurgarh police had last year registered a case on charges of rape against Chhikkara Colony resident Neeraj.
"Exact reason behind the suicide attempt will be ascertained after getting the statement of the victim who is undergoing treatment in PGIMS Rohtak," Jhajjar DSP Joginder Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion