Rape victim attempts suicide outside Haryana DGP office
Panchkula: Infuriated over "inaction" on
her complaint, a woman who claimed she was raped, today
allegedly attempted suicide by consuming poison before the
office of Haryana police chief here.
Police, however, said she fainted due to intense heat.
The woman, around 35-year-old, claimed she consumed
poison before the office of DGP Ranjiv Dalal as no action was
taken on her complaint, where in she alleged that her
husband`s friend had raped her.
She also claimed she had approached the Haryana Chief
Minister in this connection, but "no action was taken".
The woman was taken to hospital, where her condition was
stated to be stable.
Dalal, however, refuted that the woman tried to attempt
suicide. She became unconscious probably due to intense heat,
Meanwhile, doctors attending on her said they were yet to
ascertain whether she had consumed poison.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'