Rape victim attempts suicide outside Haryana DGP office
Panchkula: Infuriated over "inaction" on
her complaint, a woman who claimed she was raped, today
allegedly attempted suicide by consuming poison before the
office of Haryana police chief here.
Police, however, said she fainted due to intense heat.
The woman, around 35-year-old, claimed she consumed
poison before the office of DGP Ranjiv Dalal as no action was
taken on her complaint, where in she alleged that her
husband`s friend had raped her.
She also claimed she had approached the Haryana Chief
Minister in this connection, but "no action was taken".
The woman was taken to hospital, where her condition was
stated to be stable.
Dalal, however, refuted that the woman tried to attempt
suicide. She became unconscious probably due to intense heat,
Meanwhile, doctors attending on her said they were yet to
ascertain whether she had consumed poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly