Rape victim attempts suicide outside Haryana DGP office
Panchkula: Infuriated over "inaction" on
her complaint, a woman who claimed she was raped, today
allegedly attempted suicide by consuming poison before the
office of Haryana police chief here.
Police, however, said she fainted due to intense heat.
The woman, around 35-year-old, claimed she consumed
poison before the office of DGP Ranjiv Dalal as no action was
taken on her complaint, where in she alleged that her
husband`s friend had raped her.
She also claimed she had approached the Haryana Chief
Minister in this connection, but "no action was taken".
The woman was taken to hospital, where her condition was
stated to be stable.
Dalal, however, refuted that the woman tried to attempt
suicide. She became unconscious probably due to intense heat,
Meanwhile, doctors attending on her said they were yet to
ascertain whether she had consumed poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September