Rape victim attempts suicide outside Haryana DGP office
Panchkula: Infuriated over "inaction" on
her complaint, a woman who claimed she was raped, today
allegedly attempted suicide by consuming poison before the
office of Haryana police chief here.
Police, however, said she fainted due to intense heat.
The woman, around 35-year-old, claimed she consumed
poison before the office of DGP Ranjiv Dalal as no action was
taken on her complaint, where in she alleged that her
husband`s friend had raped her.
She also claimed she had approached the Haryana Chief
Minister in this connection, but "no action was taken".
The woman was taken to hospital, where her condition was
stated to be stable.
Dalal, however, refuted that the woman tried to attempt
suicide. She became unconscious probably due to intense heat,
Meanwhile, doctors attending on her said they were yet to
ascertain whether she had consumed poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre