Rape victim attempts suicide outside Haryana DGP office
Panchkula: Infuriated over "inaction" on
her complaint, a woman who claimed she was raped, today
allegedly attempted suicide by consuming poison before the
office of Haryana police chief here.
Police, however, said she fainted due to intense heat.
The woman, around 35-year-old, claimed she consumed
poison before the office of DGP Ranjiv Dalal as no action was
taken on her complaint, where in she alleged that her
husband`s friend had raped her.
She also claimed she had approached the Haryana Chief
Minister in this connection, but "no action was taken".
The woman was taken to hospital, where her condition was
stated to be stable.
Dalal, however, refuted that the woman tried to attempt
suicide. She became unconscious probably due to intense heat,
Meanwhile, doctors attending on her said they were yet to
ascertain whether she had consumed poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery