Rape victim commits suicide in Fatehabad
Fatehabad (Haryana): A 35-year-old woman, who was gang-raped by three youths on February 2, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from a tree in Ghotru village in the district, police said on Saturday.
The mother of three children was waylaid by the youths, identified as Keemti Bishnoi, Ashok Mavliya and Sushil Kumar of neighbouring village Hasanga when she was out to search her mentally challenged husband, SP Vikas Dhankhar said.
Later, they forcibly dragged her to an isolated place and gang-raped her, he said.
However, when she disclosed the incident to the village elders, they held a meeting during which the trio confessed to have committed the crime.
Yesterday, one of the accused rang up the victim and threatened of dire consequences if she complained the matter to the police, Dhankar said.
Intimidated by the threat, the woman took the extreme step last night to end up her life.
A case has been registered in this regard while the further probes are on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar