Rape victim commits suicide in Fatehabad
Fatehabad (Haryana): A 35-year-old woman, who was gang-raped by three youths on February 2, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from a tree in Ghotru village in the district, police said on Saturday.
The mother of three children was waylaid by the youths, identified as Keemti Bishnoi, Ashok Mavliya and Sushil Kumar of neighbouring village Hasanga when she was out to search her mentally challenged husband, SP Vikas Dhankhar said.
Later, they forcibly dragged her to an isolated place and gang-raped her, he said.
However, when she disclosed the incident to the village elders, they held a meeting during which the trio confessed to have committed the crime.
Yesterday, one of the accused rang up the victim and threatened of dire consequences if she complained the matter to the police, Dhankar said.
Intimidated by the threat, the woman took the extreme step last night to end up her life.
A case has been registered in this regard while the further probes are on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish