Rape victims awarded compensation in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: In separate rulings, the Gurgaon District Legal Services Authority on Tuesday awarded compensations to two rape victims.
Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Secretary of the District Legal Services Authority Suruchi Atreja Singh awarded a compensation of Rs 1 lakh to a 14-year-old girl who was raped by a man in
It was observed that the victim belonged to a poor family and was entitled to compensation under the State Victim Compensation Scheme.
In an another case, Singh awarded Rs 2.5 lakh to a girl in connection with a case of rape in 2012.
The mother of the victim told the Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Secretary that the face of her daughter was also mutilated with bricks by the rapists in Sector-57 of Gurgaon.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Alka Malik also ordered payment of an additional Rs 50,000 to the victim.
The amount would be deposited in the form of FDR in a nationalised bank to be given to the victim on her attaining age of majority so that her future life and career can be secured, the authority said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks