Rape victims awarded compensation in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: In separate rulings, the Gurgaon District Legal Services Authority on Tuesday awarded compensations to two rape victims.
Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Secretary of the District Legal Services Authority Suruchi Atreja Singh awarded a compensation of Rs 1 lakh to a 14-year-old girl who was raped by a man in
It was observed that the victim belonged to a poor family and was entitled to compensation under the State Victim Compensation Scheme.
In an another case, Singh awarded Rs 2.5 lakh to a girl in connection with a case of rape in 2012.
The mother of the victim told the Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Secretary that the face of her daughter was also mutilated with bricks by the rapists in Sector-57 of Gurgaon.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Alka Malik also ordered payment of an additional Rs 50,000 to the victim.
The amount would be deposited in the form of FDR in a nationalised bank to be given to the victim on her attaining age of majority so that her future life and career can be secured, the authority said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari