Rape victims awarded compensation in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: In separate rulings, the Gurgaon District Legal Services Authority on Tuesday awarded compensations to two rape victims.
Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Secretary of the District Legal Services Authority Suruchi Atreja Singh awarded a compensation of Rs 1 lakh to a 14-year-old girl who was raped by a man in
It was observed that the victim belonged to a poor family and was entitled to compensation under the State Victim Compensation Scheme.
In an another case, Singh awarded Rs 2.5 lakh to a girl in connection with a case of rape in 2012.
The mother of the victim told the Chief Judicial Magistrate-cum-Secretary that the face of her daughter was also mutilated with bricks by the rapists in Sector-57 of Gurgaon.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Alka Malik also ordered payment of an additional Rs 50,000 to the victim.
The amount would be deposited in the form of FDR in a nationalised bank to be given to the victim on her attaining age of majority so that her future life and career can be secured, the authority said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH